Sanofi Geel is a biopharmaceutical manufacturing site of therapeutic proteins. These proteins are produced through cell culture processes in bioreactors, followed by a purification process. The Manufacturing Science and Technology department (MSAT) provides the scientific backbone to enable the use of these complex biotechnological processes. The focus of the here described function is on the protein purification part of the process. Starting from thorough scientific and technical knowledge, you contribute to the start-up of new production lines and improvement and monitoring of existing processes at the Sanofi Geel site and the broader Sanofi network through:
- Technology transfer, initial process validation and process control strategy definition for introduction of new products and processes at manufacturing scale
- Identification of process improvements to increase yield or process robustness, and generation of a supportive data package leading to implementation at manufacturing scale
- Supporting and safeguarding existing production processes by data trending and monitoring, generation of scientific/technical study protocols and reports in support of significant changes, product impact assessments upon significant deviations in the production process and provided technical advice to questions of other departments.
- You have a PhD or master in Life Sciences, with relevant experience of minimum 3 or 7 years, respectively, in process development or MSAT-like functions
- Since all writing is in English and given the international context, you are fluent in writing and talking in English
- You have specific experience in protein purification (on lab- and/or manufacturing scale);
- experience with growing mammalian cells in bioreactors is a plus
- You are flexible and a strong communicator, who is able to connect, go in discussion and find compromise with people in other departments or sites
- You have an excellent analytical and problem-solving mindset, are accurate with the necessary eye for detail
- You are familiar with various statistical and data trending techniques
- You like to work in team and consider yourself to be a good team player.
- A position on a consultancy basis
- A full-time position in day shift with flexible hours.
- The opportunity to make a difference in a varied position at a local level within an international and dynamic company focused on people's health and well-being.
- A stimulating work environment in which you can further develop your talents and where there is room for personal growth.
- A competitive salary and attractive working conditions.
We, at Sanofi, are there beside people in need, as a health journey partner
- +100,000 employees, representing 142 nationalities
- 90 countries where Sanofi is present, providing healthcare solutions in 170 countries
- 69 manufacturing sites in 32 countries
- 21 Research and Development sites comprising medicines, clinical research and vaccines